In an ode to Marginal Revolution, check out these links:
- Tyler Cowen in the NYT on how government-inspired perverse incentives made the financial crisis much worse.
- Obama provokes a possible trade war with China by imposing huge tariffs on Chinese tires.
- Reason comments on Norman Borlaug’s death. The father of the Green Revolution is probably the most understated humanitarian in history.
- Joseph Stiglitz, among others, thinks banking problems have gotten worse since Lehman’s collapse.
- A UK ban on public smoking has been concurrent with a dramatic reduction in heart attacks. See more on smoking bans here.
- Venezuela is going to develop Nuclear power – with Russian help.
- The economy is recovering, says a Google economist analyzing people’s searches.